Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Post-Interview Reflection

  • How did feel the interview went overall?
    • Overall, I felt the interview went well. There were a few questions that caught me off guard that I wasn't expecting to be asked. However, I was able to answer all the questions.
  • How did you prepare for the interview?
    • I looked at AOTAs mock interview questions, trie to think of common interview questions on my own, as well as reflect on my personal strengths and weaknesses and what it is I wanted from that job position, and I also reviewed a few of the websites provided for preparation for this session. 
  • What, if anything, was different than you expected? 
    • I would have to say some of the questions I was asked. I've sat through a few interviews, but not many, so I don't have a stock pile of common interview questions that I have been asked before. Thanks to this mock interview, I now know how to better prepare for future interviews. 
  • What's something you would change if you could go through this process again (or something you will do differently when you're in a real-life interview situation)? 
    • When preparing for my first job interview, I will make sure I am very familiar with the company/organization I am applying for, the employer/s, and any additional information about the facility that I can find. I did my research this go around but I didn't have much luck. However, for real-life situation I will dig deep. 
  • What is something you learned during this process that may be helpful to you as you prepare to enter the workforce as an OT practitioner? 
    • Remember i am interviewing them as much as they are interviewing me. Ask lots of questions and if I really want to be a part of a specific facility, I will make myself known. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment